Right now, there is a trend on Tik Tok of people being their own barista’s during this quarantine time, and right now, the drink everyone is making is a Dalgona Coffee, which is a whipped coffee you basically put on top of your milk, I believe originated from South Korea, and it is wonderful! Here is the Dalgona Coffee Recipe below, and how to make it!
(Photo are not mine, but link for owner is under photo)
What You Will Need:
- 2 Tbsps of instant coffee – please make sure it’s instant coffee whereas I have seen people just use ground coffee (spoiler alert: it didn’t come out good)
- 2 Tbsps of white sugar
- 2 Tbsps of hot water – make sure you use hot water 🙂
What To Do:
- Pour the instant coffee into the bowl.
- Pour the sugar into the bowl, with the coffee.
- Add hot water, and mix!
- Use an electric whisk to make it easier, you can use a manual whisk as well, it’ll just take longer.
Now, for the rest of this recipe, just keep whisking – It will be a dark color, the longer you whisk the lighter it becomes. Once it becomes a light brown color and it’s foamy/cloudy, you are good to go!
Just pour milk of your choice in a cup (don’t use a wide one for too much coffee), and use a spoon to pour some on top of your milk!
AND BOOM! You have your Dalgona Coffee drink! 🙂
Have you made this? What are your thoughts? Did it taste good?